How to make EASY and DELICIOUS Thai Food : Steamed Rice
Tastenirvana Jasmine Rice or any rice (2 cups)
Water ( 3 cups)
Golden Rule of rice steaming:
Use 1.5 cup of water for 1 cup of rice. So always use 1.5 times more water than rice.
For example Use 3 cups of water for 2 cups of rice.
If you want to use rice for FRIED RICE, use 1 to 1 ratio. So use 1 cup of water for 1 cup of rice.
Preparation : Rinse the rice
1) Rinse the rice until water turns clear
2) Transfer it to a cooking pot
3) Add the water to the pot
4) Cook it with high heat until the water starts boil. Turn to low heat and place the lid on top of the pot.
5) Cook it with low heat for 10 min.
6) Turn off heat and leave the pot about 10 min before serving. Keep the lid on.
Once you place the lid on the pot, never open it until the rice is ready.
Use rice paddle or wooden spatula to mix the rice and serve it.s
The key is the pressure inside of the pot.
Once you place the lid, DO NOT open it until it is ready.
DONE! You have just made steamed rice over the stove!
Make this dish and take a picture of it with you. Share on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Just use #tastenirvana,(if you don’t use this hashtag(#), we can’t track you for a winner )