How to make EASY and DELICIOUS : Pad Thai
- 1 table spoon Pantai Shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon Tastenirvana Premium Fish sauce
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil (except olive oil and sesame oil)
- 2 tablespoons Tamarind Paste (or White Vinegar)
(If you don’t have tamarind, use white vinegar instead.)
- 2 tablespoon Palm sugar or Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- 6 medium size prawns (Peeled and devein)
- 1 tablespoon Pickled white radish (Finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Chive or Green Onion (cut into 1-2 inch)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dried shrimp
- 1/4 cup Bean sprouts
- 125 g Dried Rice Noodle (Soak in warm water for few minutes then drain)
- 1/3 cup Extra firm Tofu (cut in 1 inch strips, and chop into small pieces)
- Green Onions or Chives
- 2 tablespoon Roasted Peanut (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground dried red chili
- Lime (if you prefer when you eat)
Cooking time ( baking time ) is 60 minutes, but mixing ingredients is only few min. You just have to let the bread sit to soak for over 1/2 day.
1) Make Pad Thai sauce
- Put a block of Tamarind in the bowl and add a bit of water. Squeeze it to extract the paste.
- Bring a large sauce pan, Heat oil over low heat, add garlic and fry until fragrant
- Add shrimp paste and fry until fragrant
- Add Tastenirvana Premium fish sauce
- Add Palm Sugar
- Add tamarind paste
- Fry and mix well.
2) Prepare the rice noodle
- Bring a container and place the noodle
- Pour HOT water on to the noodle and Soak it for A minute or 2
- Drain the water.
- Check the noodle. It should be somewhat soft but not completely.
3) Cook the dish
- Bring a large pan or wok to medium heat
- Add the sauce into the pan.
- Add Prawns to the pan. (It takes time to cook prawns so add them first)
- Cook them until they turn into pink
- Add Tofu
- And Chives or green onions
- Add eggs and scramble them
- Add pickled radish
- Add the rice noodle
- Crushed Peanuts
- Add Bean Sprouts
- Add Chili peppers at the last and finish
- Serve with Bean stouts, lime, peanuts, dried chili and palm sugar on the side.
DONE! This is an authentic Pad Thai!
Make this dish and take a picture of it with you. Share on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Just use #tastenirvana,(if you don’t use this hashtag(#), we can’t track you for a winner )