How to make EASY and DELICIOUS Thai Food : Thai Egg Roll
Black pepper (1 tbsp)
Pantai Mushroom soy sauce(3 tbsp)
Tastenirvana Premium fish sauce (3 tbsp)
Prawn (10 pieces (devein and cut into small pieces))
Ground pork (1 lbs)
Shiitake Mushrooms (6) (cut into small pieces)
Dried black fungus (35 gram) (soak in water, drain and cut into small pieces)
Dried Glass Noodle (100 grams, soak in water, cut with scissors in water then drain)
Bean Sprouts(1 lbs)
Cilantro (1 bunch) (cut to small pieces)
Spring Roll skin (1 pack – 8 inch x 8 inch, open package and separate the skins)
Flour paste (mix of same amount of floor and water)
Vegetable Oil for fry
Dipping Sauce : Tastenirvana Gramma Sweet Chili Sauce
Step 1 : Prepare ingredients
- Cut Cilantro, Green onion and fungus into small pieces
- Take Shitake mushroom’s stub,slice and cut them into small pieces.
- Cut prawn until they became paste like texture.
- Cut water-soaked glass noodle and drain them.
Step 2 : Mix Ingredients
- Bring a large bowl.
(Use plastic gloves or just clean hands)
- Put the ground pork in the bowl.
- Break the eggs
- Add black peppers into the bowl.
- Add 3 table spoons of Pantai Mushroom Soy Source
- And add 3 table spoons of Tastenirvana Premium Fish Sauce
- Add Prawns and mix the them.
- Add Mushroom, black fungus, green onions.
- Add Cilantro. but use only 1/2 of the amount. (We need to keep the other 1/2 for the dipping sauce.)
- Now, mix everything together.
- Add glass noodles and bean sprouts
Step 3 : Make flour paste.
- This flour paste acts like a glue to seal egg roll wraps.
- Add water to flour. Mix them. As you need, add more water to get coating consistency.
Step 4 : Make the dipping sauce
- Bring a medium pan and heat it up.
- Add Tastenirvana’s Gramma Sweet Chili Sauce into the pan
- Add the same amount of water
- Mix them and add the other half of cilantro
Step 5 : Roll the egg rolls
- Take out egg roll pastry from the case.
(The paper is stack together. Carefully peal each sheet and put on them on the plate)
- Use the flat and smooth surface like a clean table or cutting board.
Place the sheet and one edge pointing you.
- Put the mix slightly off center towards you.
- Take the edge the closest to you, and wrap over the mix and tighten the roll.
Roll slightly forward and hold the top of the roll.
- Fold one side and another to the center and roll forward
- Apply the flour paste glue on the end edge, and roll all the way to complete a wrap.
Step 6 : Fry the egg rolls.
- Bring a deep pan or pot with vegetable oil
- Heat it up to medium heat.
- Do NOT use high heat. If you use high heat, oil quickly burns outside of the roll but it doesn’t cook inside well.
- Add egg rolls into the oil. Place it away from you.
- Occasionally move them around.
- Fry about 15 minutes till rolls turn GOLD or light brown
- When it is ready, pick it up and hold and wait for few seconds just above the oil to drop the remaining oil
- Place the roll on the dish with paper towel.
- Cut the rolls with angle. The rolls are very hot. Use paper towel to hold them and cut.
Congratulations! You just made Thai Egg Rolls! Enjoy with the Grama Sauce mix dipping sauce. This is a great dish for snacks and appetizers.
Did you like this recipe? If so, take a picture of it with you. Share on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Just use #tastenirvana,(if you don’t use this hashtag(#), we can’t track you for a winner )